Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Project 3: Monster Maker

This project was also one that I really enjoyed, partially because I've had more practice with watercolor than colored pencil, but mostly because I love illustrating people and creatures the most. If I'm doing art for fun, 9 times out of ten I'm going to be drawing some weird or spooky creature.

This project took around 5 hours of work, but that isn't including the brainstorming, which took up the bulk of the effort. In today's age of monster movies and video games, getting farther away from the already-been-done is ever difficult. 



Here is the final product. It turned out better than I thought, but still not good enough. Not to mention it's difficult to get high quality images of work that is too large to be casually scanned.



Although, a writer friend for whom I did a book cover saw this and suggested we co-create a children's book. 

Neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment